Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Jess' hair

  1. #1
    Inactive Member schillil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2006
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    I bought my first AG doll in January on a trip to Chicago. I fell in love with Jess when I saw her. That is until I got home and had a chance to brush out her hair and attempt to style it. Yikes! she has bald patches (only a couple) and a huge quantity of very short hairs that won't do anything. styling her hair is almost as hard as doing my own. Trouble is it is too hard to send her back until my next trip to Chicago in June which is way past the 90 day mark. Will they exchange her or let me replace her with one of the AGoT dolls that don't have this problem?

    For that matter do the other AGoT dolls potentially have the same problem? I like her look, and I'm starting to get attached to her, but I want to be able to style her hair in something besides pigtails or loose braids.

    Help?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is no time limit on exchanges, as far as I know. Especially on something like this that is 100% their fault.

    The short hairs are supposed to be there. They cover up the part in the back where the hair is parted to make the braids. There is also shorter hair cut into the regular wig to cover the wig cap in other styles. The baldness, however, is not normal, and should not be there.

    If you call up customer service, and say that the Jess doll you just bought has very bad hair and you want to exchange her for another one, they will send you a shipping label to send the old one back, and a new Jess. Hopefully the new one will have less problems, many people here have been posting about bad Jess wigs (mine is absolutely perfect, though, so there are perfect ones out there [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

    They will also exchange her for another doll, if you prefer that. Be sure to tell them it's because of Jess's bad hair problems; they need to know that the bad quality is enough of a problem that they have to waste their money to get people new dolls. Perhaps in future the quality will be upped a bit.

    From other people's posts here, it seems most are dissatisfied with many of the current wigs (I haven't run into a problem one, even with 6 Mattel dolls since 2004). If you really, really like Jess, you might want to try for another Jess doll before changing your mind and getting a "regular" AGT doll. Especially since she will only be here for the rest of this year.

    I love Jess and I definitely think she's worth another try for a better wig. I can easily style my Jess's hair, and it's a nice length to do many different styles, and looks very cute down with the nice curls and wave that her hair has on it's own.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member schillil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2006
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks a lot for your responses. I'm glad some companies at least remember a small part of the customer service concept. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    As for a sister for my Kumiko (yeah, I changed her name. Somehow, Jess just didn't seem right for her [img]wink.gif[/img] ) Is there a lot of short layer type hair on the other dolls with bangs and stuff? Or is it, as I hope, mostly nice long stuff that can be french braided/pulled into the little odongo buns on each side of the top of her head? I really hope for the latter.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As far as odangos go, most of the AGTs have hair that's just too short [img]frown.gif[/img] , especially if you're going for them ala Sailor Moon. Here is a site I bookmarked ages ago with instructions, and it really calls for pretty long hair. My hair is about wast length, and it just barely works for it.

    Here's a pic of my Kirsten with her hair in Usagi style odangos. Kirsten's hair is quite a bit longer than the normal AGT wigs, so if you want it with the little tail, it's not going to work too well on any of the AGTs:

    Kodango1
    From the side so you can see how short the "tail" is.

    Kodango2
    Front

    If you just want the normal bun odango, Jess' hair sort of works for that. It obviously looks a bit messier than it would on the other girls, lol:

    Jodango1

    As I said above, I have relatively long hair, and am pretty good with hairstyling. I made an album with a few different hairstyles on Jess after someone asked about styling her hair, here it is, if you're interested.

    I tried to change my Jess' name to Miyako, but it just wouldn't stick [img]frown.gif[/img] . I'm hoping to try again after she's retired, and there isn't Jess stuff all over the catalogues and website, lol.

    Hope this helps!

  5. #5
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    DD can do quite a bit with her AGT 24's hair. Her hair is longer than the other today dolls and wavy so it's keeps the style well. DD has done the styles listed in the above post, too. Plus, she's a really cute doll with her blonde hair, brown eyes, and freckles.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've done odangos before, though not in doll hair; the way I do them, they can be varied. It's not hte knot method. I used to know where the side is, but I don't remember. It showed you how to do everyone's, including Chibi-Usa's, using her twisting method.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, what she said! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    You shouldn't have any trouble at all exchanging her, whether you do it by mail, or in person at the store. At the store, you can get a Personal Shopper to help you, (and they're very patient and helpful about finding just the right doll); or you can ask Customer Service over the phone about getting a Personal Shopper to hand-pick a doll for you, if you'd rather exchange by mail to get it done sooner.

    If it were me I'd wait until the trip to Chicago--there's no time limit on exchanges, and there's nothing like getting to choose your own doll in person! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Good luck with whatever you decide! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've done odangos before, though not in doll hair; the way I do them, they can be varied. It's not hte knot method. I used to know where the side is, but I don't remember. It showed you how to do everyone's, including Chibi-Usa's, using her twisting method.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nethilia, if you ever see the link again, I'd love to know what it is!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member schillil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2006
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My only problem is that I'm already attached to this doll. Even my husband jokingly asks Kumi's opinion if she is in the room when we are talking. To replace her almost seems cruel (even if they are the same doll. lol) I'll have to think on it. Maybe CS will let me send her to the hospital on their tab. hehehe. It would serve them right.

    I have decided to hold off on getting her a sister though. I want to see what Emily looks like in person and since I bought the Ready for Fun outfit this month for Kumi while it was on sale, I don't want a duplicate. Instead, I might get some accessories or the horse.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    See if they will do a wig replacement on the doll.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •